30 May 2013

Get To Know Me A Little :: I Like Classic TV

I watch old, classic tv shows more than the modern tv shows we have on our tv screens today to be honest. My favourite tv channels are Gold and Challenge. I only usually watch them when Liam is out because he's not really a fan of old, British classics. (I know, I don't understand it either!) and as he's been away since Monday morning those two channels are pretty much the only ones that have been on!  Here are some of my favourites!

My "go to" show is always Only Fools And Horses. Who doesn't love this show? (except Liam...) It's British comedy on a plate. It's classic and it never stops being funny.


I only started watching Porridge because my dad used to, I got homesick one night and found Porridge was on so I sat and watched as many episodes as I could. I haven't been able to stop watching since!

Who doesn't love Mrs Bucket? Sorry, Bouquet. What I love about this show is that we can all agree we have those relatives that embarrass you, whether it's the "council estate rough ones" who turn up at a posh do and burp at the table or the "posh prissy twits" who turn their noses up at anything that is offered to them. Mine would be the latter, I'm more than likely going to burp pretty loudly at a posh meal and not care... 

Oh, Betty! I cannot tell you how much I love Some Mothers Do 'Ave Em or how long i've been watching it. My parents watched it all the time when I was younger and i've just grown up with it. Frank Spencer is my favourite character ever! He's adorable and hilarious without even knowing it. His little quirks always make me laugh.
I love it so much that I even have a hard back book about the show (along with the complete boxset, obviously.) Did you know that Norman Wisdom was originally cast for the part of Frank Spencer but he turned it down! I think he would have played an awesome Frank Spencer but it definitely wouldn't have been the same.

Do you love the old classics as much as I do? Or do you hate them like Liam does?
Guess what channel I'm watching right now ;) 

5 comments:

  1. Yes!! Only Fools, Keeping Up Appearances are the best. Father Ted, The Vicar of Dibley and lots of others are big hits in my house too :D

    Awesome post.
    Danielle x

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are too cool! I haven't watched these in a long, long time but I used to watch loads of Are You Being Served? and Dad's Army with my grandparents. Let's show some love for Fawlty Towers!

    xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. I prefer all my old british classics too! The only one on your list I know would be Keeping up Appearances but I also love Fawlty Towers (my fav), Are You Being Served, Last of the Summer Wine, Blackadder, Mr. Bean.... That's my childhood right there! I need to look up those other shows you mentioned, it's hard though since I'm in the US =/

    ReplyDelete
  4. My dad always used to watch Some Mothers Do 'Ave Em, Faulty Towers, Get Smart and MASH. I have grown up with a mighty appreciation for all of them, and a total obsession with Bewitched. Old shows are so darn good! I love all the classics :) xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. C does the best Frank Spencer on the planet and is the reason we have a dog called Betty.
    We're the definition of stick something funny on too, love a bit of 'Allo 'Allo, Fawlty Towers and Dinnerladies too (which isn't a classic but is bloody funny!
    M x

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to read my blog and leave me a comment, it's nice to know what you think about my silly little rambles :)